Things are moving! (No Mom, not like that)

Friday, July 2, 2010

This week has been very busy. I've spent the last few days going to work everyday and getting accustomed to my old internship routine. I'm so happy to be back and I'm loving every minute of my new life, even though I'm a lot more tired than I used to be.

I went out with my friend D again the other night. We had some wine and appetizers and then we ran into same of his friends at a local bar. I had a lot of fun with them. His friends were really sweet and he is so much fun to hang out with. I think I'm beginning to lose my tolerance for alcohol, which is arguably a good thing. I had two glasses of wine over dinner, and then had one vodka and had to switch to water at the bar, even though drinks were coming my way. Perhaps I'm growing up?

Yesterday was an exciting day at work. There is a job opening in another department which I have sent my resume in for and a few people have recommended me. It feels wonderful to have such a support system within that company. I look forward to seeing what comes out of that, even if it is only interview practice.

The restaurant which I applied for the other day didn't even call me back, and I was sure they were going to! I have way too much experience to not get called back. Oh well, as my mom said, perhaps there is a reason I have yet to find a restaurant job....maybe I'll find a career instead? I feel excited about my options.

So, today is Friday and this weekend is the 4th of July....and I still haven't figured out what I am doing. Three days off. That will be lovely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment