A sad day

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today was a very sad day.

Like yesterday, clouds covered Manhattan and rain drizzled throughout the day. The humidity increased tenfold and I could feel the sweat running down my back while waiting for the 1 train.

I went to work and spent my morning checking my email, reading me book, and such. I had an interview for a restaurant which opens in two weeks called "Artichoke" at three so I went to that while I ran some errands for work. Overall, I think the interview went well. But they want me to work until 6am which I'm not sure will work for me.

By the time I got back to the office, I was tired, hungry, and frustrated from the mugginess of the city. I promised myself that I would order Indian food for delivery when I got home, but just as I was about to I called my mom who informed me that my cat died today.

Sara was my birthday present when I was 5 and I've had her for 18 years. She slept with me every night and I've always considered her my daughter. My mom told me she was sick last week. I feel very unprepared for her death. When I left home I told her I would see her in December. And I wont. It's a very sad time for me.

When K got home we went to "Coppola's" across the way and I ordered some comfort food: a glass of pinot, pasta alla vodka, and chocolate suffle. I feel much better after that and K and I had a few laughs. But I still miss my kitty and keep thinking about those last moments I spent with her. It will be a tough few days.

Tomorrow its off to work again. We'll see how well I do at the office.

0 comments:

Post a Comment