I'm not so sure about all this

Monday, July 19, 2010

Well this weekend was interesting. Friday night I went to Taj, a club in the west village, with me friend D where a bunch of girls tried to teach me how to dance. I ended up drinking too much vodka, I was trying to feel better about Sara, and suffered a lovely hangover on Saturday. Saturday evening, I went to my friend KS's house for a little dinner party with her and her boyfriend. Her apartment is really homey and she has an adorable cat named Martin. It was almost like Martin knew I had just lost my kitty; he cuddled in my lap for a while and I completely enjoyed spending time with a cat. KS made an awesome dinner. It's nice not to eat peanut butter and brown rice gluten free tortilla. Appetizing. On Sunday I went for a long walk and K and I ran some errands. Nothing too exciting.

I leave for D.C. on Friday. It turns out my mom is flying back too because both of her parents are not doing very well. Everybody says that bad news comes in threes, and this seems to be the case. Its been a very rough week and all of this on top of the stress of unemployment is really hard. I just hope I can get through this rough patch and come out on top.

I'm happy I'll be able to see my mom this weekend and get away from the city for a few days, although I don't look forward to the five hour bus ride. I have yet to hear back from my interview I had last week but some of my friends at my internship have told me about a couple of editing opportunities, though my fingers are not crossed. You can't get a job unless you have experience, but you can't get experience until you get a job. How am I supposed to ever be employed?

0 comments:

Post a Comment