And I'm off to DC

Friday, July 23, 2010

This week at work was pretty busy. We ran a lot of errands and rushed to put together a project.

Last night I had drinks and dinner with the son of a family friend, N. He was nice and we had a lot of fun. He's been talked up to me for a few years now, and everyone has joked that we were future husband and wife. We went to this place called High Bar, a rooftop bar/lounge right near Times Square which offers pretty awesome views of the city. After, we went to the West Village where we walked around until we found somewhere to have dinner. Dinner was ok, but not that awesome for New York, I don't think. After, we were planning on going to another bar to keep the night going but N suggested we sit on a stoop on Perry St. We sat and talked for a while but I could feel his interest in me slip when I told him I was not at all interested in having kids. He quieted down, seemed disappointed, and said we should call it a night. Very interesting.

Currently, I'm on the Bolt Bus (which thus far doesn't seem so bolty) on my was to DC to see my family. Both of my Aunt S's children are moving so shes throwing a going away party for them tomorrow. I look forward to that and seeing everybody. My mom flew in last night and I can't wait to see her this afternoon either. Both of her parents aren't doing very well so she's coming to see each of them and help out in any way that she can. The bus ride is a little over 4 hours but the good thing is that we get internet and that there are outlets. The bad thing is that its really cramped and hotter than hell in here! The AC doesn't seem to be doing much. This could be a long ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment