Catching Up

Monday, August 2, 2010

The past few weeks have been so busy I have had no time to write, but a lot has happened...

My weekend in D.C. was fun yet also sad. I was officially there to attend my cousins' going away party. One is moving to Chicago and the other to Indonesia. My aunt is pretty sad about it but its the best thing for each of them. The party was so much fun and it was really good to see the extended family that I see only very rarely. On top of that I got to see my mom which was nice because I didn't know when I would see her next. I got to spend time with my aunt's cat Nala who is a tiny gray cat similar to Sara. She spent some time laying in my lap every morning.

On the downside, my grandpa is in the hospital and nothing looks good. He's had a stroke and can't move the right side of his body. He's pretty much bed ridden and I'm pretty sure his spirit is broken. Its sad. My mom has extended her stay so that she can help take care of him and clean out his house and everything. We don't know what the next step will be for him but we're all pretty nervous about it.

Work has picked up. The other interns and myself are finishing up our intern video project, so that's good. They both leave next week and then I will be the lone intern for a while. I'll enjoy that, I think, because I'll have more to do and I'd love more responsibility.

My friend, A, came to town on Thursday night to stay for the weekend. K and I had a lot of fun hanging out with her. On Friday she and I went for a long champagne brunch at Sarabeth's on the Upper West and then spent the day poking around in the West Village. J arrived into the city on Friday evening so I met him at the subway station and showed him around the Upper West a bit. That night, K, J, A, and I met with some of K's friends at Tortilla Flats, my old stomping ground. It was crazy because the minute I walked in I saw R and P, two guys I had met during my internship last time. I was so excited to run into them! As a group, we left Tortilla Flats and walked over to the Gansevoort where R and P got the whole group in in front of the line. Then we were straight up to the rooftop deck where we could see awesome panoramic views of the city. It was an awesome night!

On Saturday I spent time with J trying to get him settled into his new apartment on 163rd st. It was such a hassle figuring out all the paperwork and lugging his stuff up the stairs. On Sunday A and I had brunch at Cafe Lalo and then spent time poking around a little street market. We bought curtains for our room and an Audrey Hepburn poster which really makes it feel more homey. Today it was back to the office grind.

All in all, it has been a very eventful week. I look forward to getting back into my schedule of working everyday, working out, and job hunting some more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things start to pick up a bit, both in work and at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment