Three states in one day!

Monday, October 10, 2011


One thing that's really different about the east coast from the west is that you can drive through states. In California it would take you all day to drive to a new state, and it's seriously doubtful that you could cross another boarder. On the east coast, driving to a different state is just like driving to a new town: quick and easy. I don't think I cold ever get used to that.

On Saturday I went to stay with a good friend of
mine who lives in New Jersey (it's not as bad as it's reputation would have you believe!) and her good friend from high school. The three of us drove to a really cute town called New Hope which is in Pennsylvania! So that means I went from New York to New Jersey to Pennsylvania all in one day! Crazy.

The town was really cute and we had so much fun poking through the stores and, of course, having cocktails. Fall seems to have arrived there earlier than in the city. Leaves were falling and there were pumpkins and skulls out! I love fall. I look forward to going for walks along the Hudson and the reservoir in another couple of weeks and seeing fall in full bloom.



That evening we went back to New Jersey where D and I gave M a beautiful performance of "Big Girls Don't Cry" complete with dance moves and TV remote microphones. Really we were quite spectacular; M's abs hurt the next day from laughing so hard.

My friends' toes!

It was absolutely the perfect weekend. Three days (three!) of warm 75-80 degree weather. I went for a 6 mile walk/run this morning over to my friend's apartment (I'm cat sitting) and sat with her kitty for a while. The rest of the day? I think I'll go get a coffee and sit in Riverside and read. It's a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment