Technology: I spoke too soon

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I suppose it's really all my fault. I mean, I was feeling super confident. They need someone to train the new receptionist, I can do that. Locating an element? Sure, I got it. Doing the Vault guy's job? Yep, doing that too. Exporting, converting, posting, laying back, making EDLs, OMFs, AAFs, you name it, I got it! Technology will not scare me as it once did. I beat the bastard! I know what I'm doing!!!

.....Until I don't. Today was one of those days.

I prove myself wrong. No matter how many notes I take, or people I ask, sometimes the answers are just not there. Take today, for example. I was laying back to tape and I had FIVE issues doing so. Every time I tried to do it, something went wrong. A tape wasn't basiced correctly. The deck was showing the image fuzzy. The sound didn't come through correctly, even though when tried again...it was fine.

In the end I suppose I can only know what I know and the more difficulties I run into, the more I'll know how to fix. And that sometimes even though you're doing something right....something will go wrong. I just have to keep telling myself....."it's not your fault its not your fault its not your fault."

On a different note, I will try to make myself feel better not by stuffing my face with the freshly baked peanut butter cookies (whose scent is wafting down the hall and over to my desk), but with an hour and a half long class of intermediate yoga. I bought a month unlimited of free yoga on groupon and I've been eager to use it. No time like the present.

2 comments:

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita said...

Yes! Yoga sounds like the ultimate stress reliever. I've been meaning to look into a Pilates class and it sounds like Groupon is the way to go.

With regard to your work woes, you learn something new every day, I suppose.

NYgirl3 said...

Thanks Chevron J! Just checked out your blog, it's fantastic! I don't know how you set it up, but it looks great :)

Post a Comment