Arizona in New York

Monday, September 26, 2011

So two of my girlfriends from film school came to stay with me for the weekend. One of them was chosen out of thousands to be one of the top 25 finalists in a pilot-writing contest. The winner was given a deal with Fox and $25,000! Congrats KG!

They arrived at midnight on Thursday night and we stayed up a bit talking, but I got to sleep around 1:30. On Friday after work we had dinner at Los Feliz in the Lower East Side with our friends R and J who we all knew from Arizona. Afterwards we headed over to Piano's (a cool artsy bar where Lady Gaga used to play before she became famous) for a drink. By the time midnight rolled around I was feeling pretty tired, and J had gotten angry with me because I told him to go flirt with a girl he thought was cute. He's the kind of guy you only see as a friend but he's in love with you so he always gets mad at any hint of you liking someone, or any suggestion from you about them and someone else. Did that make sense? Anyway I left early because I was tired and because of J's drama. End of story.

On Saturday M wasn't feeling very well....too much wine. And sangria. And prosecco. But after a little while we convinced ourselves to get up and go for a walk across the park. We saw a lot of interesting things...


A couple getting married....at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon on the most inconspicuous bridge in Central Park!

A pretty harpist!


The famous Central Park "Von Trapp" family who I always see singing by the fountain...

A fat dog lounging!! There was a dog festival going on.....ya...it was kind of weird...

I can't even really comment on this....elderly man with dog in tutu...eating ice cream....yaaa...



You just don't get weirder than that.....

ANYWAY, the girls left right after brunch on Sunday afternoon so it was a short trip but good to catch up, however briefly.

1 comments:

Chevon J. - La Bella Vita said...

Haha! You wouldn't believe I live in North Jersey literally 10 minutes from the GWB and I can't remember the last time I was in central park. I can't wait for spring. I'm gonna make a day of it. Great pics BTW. That old man is too funny.

Post a Comment