My last day as a 22 year old.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

So I'm at the office. Just finished editing our intern video. We have a little more work to do on Monday but otherwise we're pretty much done. Yay! And next week is the other interns' last week and then it will just be me. I've worked out a system so that in September I can still come in two days a week, even without my ID card. I'm sad it's already over, I love working here.

I have a few more job leads but nothing I'm crossing my fingers for. I'm not convinced I'll EVER be employed again. Or at least not in this city. I'm taking Tuesday off next week to go door to door at different restaurants in my neighborhood. Bore.

I'm also taking tomorrow off because its my birthday. The big 23. Ugh. That's mid-twenties. I can't believe how fast time goes. My friend J doesn't start work until Monday so he's gonna spend the day with me. I think we might do the cheesy stuff: a picnic in central park, a row boat....that kind of thing. Then tomorrow night people are going to The Delancey, as I mentioned before. That should be fun I suppose. I'm big into birthdays. I wish I was celebrating it at home with my family.

Summer is nearing its end and I have to start preparing for the fall. Fall in New York, doesn't that sound lovely? I've been waiting for the day I could see Central Park in the fall. Also, I'm going to D.C. for Thanksgiving which will be fun but I'll miss being in California. Its kind of a tradition for my mom and I to pick up fall leaves in the park behind our house. I guess I'll have to go to the park here and pick up leaves with K....though since we don't have a table or a pretty bowl to put them in, I'm not sure that's a good idea.

That's really all that's going on now. No plans for this evening...probably just go home and chill out. Its a hot day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment