General Happenings

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Much has happened in the past few weeks.

1. I am told that today our refrigerator is FINALLY being fixed (for all of you that were holding your breath). Does this mean that I'll be able to have my friends over now? Hopefully. I've been wanting to have dinner parties or girl friends over for wine, but I have yet to do it. This is mostly due to the fact that my room mate has completely taken over the "living room" with all of her clothes and her bike. She's going out of town for a week and I see it as a perfect opportunity to have some friends over because then I'll know that the apartment will at least look presentable. Present moment I have no idea what I'll be coming home to.

2. Very good news: I have been told that I'm being moved up to assistant editor! I'm so excited. They said it would take some time but that that was the next step. I suppose staying late to learn is paying off! Does this mean I'll get a raise? My fingers are crossed.

3. My sister has decided she wants to go into post production too, which I think is a great fit for her. I honestly don't know why she hasn't thought to pursue it before. Because of this, she wants to take an internship in New York. I think that's great, and I'm willing to send emails to some people I know to try to get her one, I just hope she puts in hard work and doesn't disappoint! I know she's already looked into some of the places that I've interned and we'll see what happens with that. She's going to have to find a sublet because three people in my tiny apartment would be too much and probably unfair to my room mate. My fingers are crossed for her.

That's about all for now. I'm just trying to make it through this last little bit of bad weather before spring weather officially makes its way to the city. I've been focusing on trying to cut back excess in my life. I've been drinking much less, eating better, and trying oh so hard to stay away from the M&M jar at work. I've also been trying to better budget myself by taking less cabs and spending less money when brunching with my friends (i.e no drinking). So far I'm feeling much better and I've been making much more time for the gym as well. We'll see how long that one lasts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment