And....the news is good!!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well I had my big interview today. It went really well, though he seemed to have some reservations. His first was, "You may need to be in this receptionist position for 12 to 18 months before any change. I hope you can be patient." I told him I have been working for seven months for free and that he doesn't have anything to worry about. He also seemed worried that I may not get along well with the editors because they are really artsy. I feel like when people first meet me their brains automatically go straight to "dumb blond" and then they are surprised to discover that I'm actually very intelligent. I told him I spent the past five years in film school hanging out with artsy kids. Honestly, I'm a nerd; I'll fit right in.

The agency called me and told me he liked me. Yay! It's a temp-to-hire position so I'll come in for a few days before I leave for Christmas break and if they like me I'll start working there in January. But what's not to like? I've been going to post houses for a while and it's where I want to be. I'm sure that will come through.

Finally!!! SOMETHING. It does seem odd that out of all of my industry connections and all of the work I have done as an intern that I would find employment through a temp agency-and in my industry no less.

I'll be sad to leave the post house I'm interning for now. I've gotten to know a few of the editors and I really like it there. The other intern "B" and I have become great friends as well, and I'm happy to be staying there until the middle of December at least. But it does feel good to know that I'll be making money soon.

Now if I can only find an apartment that's not a hole....

0 comments:

Post a Comment